Eboni Pringle named dean of University College

Eboni Pringle is the dean of University College at Kent State University. 

Emily Mills

Eboni Pringle, current interim dean of the University College (formerly Undergraduate Studies), will become its permanent dean starting on July 1.

Pringle, who has served as interim dean since Oct. 1, 2012, was selected after an internal search.

She created the undergraduate research symposium, where students present their research on a variety of topics, and oversaw the transition from Undergraduate Studies to the University College. She also worked on the Dynamic Checklist, the section of Flashline that tells students what steps they need to take in order to enroll, and the Kent State placement process.

A part of the Kent State campus since 1998, she has been a residence hall director, financial aid counselor and assistant director of admissions. She has also held several positions within Student Success Programs and Undergraduate Studies.

She earned her master’s and Ph.D. in higher education from Kent State, and she earned her bachelor’s in speech and hearing from Ohio University.

The University College, housed in the Center for Undergraduate Excellence in Lake/Olson Hall, is the home for exploratory students, 650 of whom are added each academic year. It also houses Destination Kent State, First-Year Experience courses, the Office of Experiential Education and Civic Engagement, university advising, TRIO Student Support Services, the dual enrollment program for high school students, Student Success Programs and the Academic Success Center.

Pringle did not respond to requests for comment.

Contact Emily Mills at [email protected].