May 4, 2015 Vigil

Stater Photo Staff

Photo

Candles rest beside the Victory Bell outside of Taylor Hall on May 3, 2015. The candles, represent the four students killed during the Kent State shooting on May 4, 1970. Photo by Andrea Noall.

Photo

Jerry Lewis, Kent State professor emeritus of sociology, announces the beginning of the May 4 commemoration candlelight vigil on Sunday, May 3, 2015. This year is the 45th anniversary of the May 4 shootings. Photo by Rachael Le Goubin.

Photo

Students, faculty and mourners walk in a candlelight vigil across campus on May 3, 2015. Photo by Andrea Noall.

Photo

The May 4 commemoration candlelight vigil walks through front campus. Photo by Rachael Le Goubin.

Photo

The group of students, faculty and mourners walks around front campus towards the site of the May 4 memorial in the parking lot of Taylor hall during a candle light vigil . Photo by Graham Smith.

Photo

Faith Fenyves-Barnett places a candle around the May 4th Memorial on May 3, 2015.. Photo by Andrea Noall.

Photo

Jennifer Schwartz Wright, cousin of Allison Krause — one of the four victims of the May 4 massacre — stands in the spot that Allison was killed during the May 4 candlelight vigil on Sunday, May 3, 2015. Photo by Rachael Le Goubin.

Photo

Kent State President, Beverly Warren holds a memorial candle during the May 4th vigil outside of Taylor Hall on May 3, 2015. Warren is the first president to attend the vigil in the 45 years since 1970. Photo by Andrea Noall.

Photo

Shortly after midnight, two people stand at the site of the 1970 Kent State shooting during the candlelight vigil. Photo by Graham Smith.