Grand opening set for new Aeronautics and Technology Building

Julianne Calapa

To celebrate the addition of the new Aeronautics and Technology Building to Kent’s campus, the university will host its grand opening on Friday, April 24 from 2 to 4:30 p.m.

The event, which takes place in the new 55,000-square-foot building, is open to the public at no charge.

The grand opening will feature comments from President Beverly Warren; Robert Sines, interim dean of the College of Applied Engineering, Sustainability and Technology; and Dennis Eckart, Kent State Board of Trustees chair.

Students will lead visitors through tours of the Air Traffic Control Lab, the Aeronautics Teaching Lab, the Sustainability Lab and the Materials and Processes Lab, according to a Kent State press release. Refreshments will be provided to visitors as well.

Sines said the building, which officially opened its doors at the beginning of the spring semester, continues to receive positive feedback from students and faculty.

“It’s a nice, modern building that houses updated labs and equipments for students to learn with,” Sines said. “Everyone seems very pleased with it.”

A press release from the university said the Aeronautics and Technology Building is one of several new buildings and renovations to campus facilities as part of Kent State’s Foundations of Excellence: Building the Future initiative.

Contact Julianne Calapa at [email protected]