College of Business program recognized as top-tier

Ellie Enselein

The Sales Education Foundation (SEF) has recognized Kent State University as a 2014 Top University for Professional Sales Education in the College of Business. It was one of 94 schools recognized and featured in its annual magazine.

The university was also noted to have a 98 percent job placement rate after graduation. Craig Zamary, a lecturer in the department of marketing and entrepreneurship, said he is “proud to see another exceptional program and our students here at Kent State University receiving such positive national and global attention.”

Kent State is receiving this recognition after first offering the Professional Sales Certification in the fall of 2013. This certificate is offered to students who graduate the program with an internship and select advanced sales and marketing classes.

Four students graduated with this certificate last May. There are now about 30 students in the program this year.

Ellen Daniels, program director for the department of marketing and entrepreneurship, said the certification “provides students with the foundation for a successful career in professional sales while demonstrating to prospective employers that our students are well prepared to be sales professionals.”

The other Ohio universities recognized by the SEF were Bowling Green State University, Ohio University, University of Akron, University of Cincinnati, University of Dayton and University of Toledo.

Contact at Ellie Enselein [email protected].