Third annual Mr. Flash pageant to showcase male student talent

Mr. Flash pageant

Gabrielle Martinez

The men of Kent State will showcase their talents at the 3rd annual Mr. Flash Pageant Friday, Oct. 17 at 8 p.m. in the Kiva, where male students will compete for the title of “Mr. Flash.”  

The pageant is hosted by the Center for Student Involvement.

“This is a great opportunity for student organizations to showcase themselves and is a night of fun and friendly competition,” said CSI Associate Director Jennifer Gunnoe. 

The crowned winner of the pageant will be awarded a large trophy and will participate in the homecoming parade, in addition to receiving free pizza for a year from Domino’s and bragging rights as Kent State’s Mr. Flash. 

The contestants will be participating in an evening wear display, performing celebrity impersonations, sporting swimwear, showcasing their special talent and concluding with a Q&A segment. 

While Mr. Flash will be chosen by a judging panel from CSI, the contestants will also have the opportunity to win “Mr. Congeniality,” which will be chosen by the audience, who will vote by tagging @KSUProgramming on Twitter or Facebook and the hashtag #KSUFlash, followed by the contestant’s pageant number. 

The Mr. Flash Pageant is a free event. However, students are encouraged to bring a non-perishable food item that will be donated to a local food bank. 

Contact Gabrielle Martinez at [email protected].