College of Business Ranks at the Top

Chelsea Graff

The U.S. News & World Report ranked Kent State University’s Undergraduate College of Business Administration at 155 in the report’s “Best Undergraduate Business Schools.” The rank had increased from last year’s report, which ranked it at 159.

“Between Career Services, more study abroad opportunities, really promoting the work of our facility and the awards of our students,” said Deborah Spake, dean of the College of Business Administration, “I think that it’s creating excitement about the college.”

The college provides a number of different types of scholarships for certain students, according to Elizabeth A. Sinclair, assistant dean for the undergraduate programs for the College of Business.

“I think the scholarship opportunities that we have are better than they ever have been.” Michelle Parrish, the director of Marketing and Communications at The College of Business Administration said.

A satellite office of the Career Services Center also recently opened in the college that’s specifically geared towards business students.

“Employers are also working with the Career Services Center so we have dramatically increased the amount internships that students took last year,” Spake said.

The college is also an accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International, according to a press release. Programs in which fewer than five percent of the world’s business programs are AACSBI accredited.

Contact Chelsea Graffemail at [email protected].