Clothing sale to support women’s education

Madeline Winer

Women for Women Ohio is hosting a clothing sale to raise money to benefit women’s education in Cambodia.

Judy Hirschman, member of the Women to Women Ohio, said the sale will be April 4-6 at The Fairways at Twin Lakes, 1519 Overlook Rd. in Kent. She said the organization has been collecting donations for gently-used women’s professional and business clothes and accessories for over a year to provide college graduates professional wear as they enter into their first jobs.  

Women to Women Ohio, formed two years ago, aims to increase women’s education in Cambodia. They are currently paying for seven college students and 11 high school students to be educated.

Hirschman said the organization is made up of Kent State alumnae who wanted to make a difference after being affected by the May 4, 1970 shootings at Kent State when students protested the American entrance into Cambodia during the Vietnam War.

Hirshman said customers can pay $20 to preview the clothing sale Friday, April 6 while enjoying drinks and hor d’oeuvres. Checks to attend the preview can be sent to W4W0, P.O. Box 1413, Kent, Ohio 44240.

Admission is free and open to the public from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and noon to 4 p.m. on Sunday.

Visit Women for Women Ohio’s website at www.w4wo.org for more information.

Contact Madeline Winer at [email protected].