USG Candidates: Senator for College of Public Health

Photo

Tyler Westerman
Public Health major, Junior

What do you hope to accomplish while in office?

“I want to get the word out about public health. I want to work with public health clubs to help get the word out about them. I also want to have public health students be more understanding of what USG is. I want to work with the advising and help students understand their road maps more, just so students aren’t so lost in advising.”

What specific responsibilities will you have?

I’d be the representative for my college in general and I’d be the USG spokesperson for my college.”

Why are you running?

“I wanted to help with my specific college and let everyone know how great USG is and what it does for students.”

What previous experience do you have with student leadership?

“I’ve held different positions in my sorority, Delta Zeta, like the community service assistant and secretary for my pledge class. I’m also on the street team that deals with events for USG along with the allocations committee.”

Why do you think you will be the best for the position?

“I have a lot of motivation, and it’s kinda special to me. I have a lot of drive and focus. I care about Public Health and the community and care about Kent a lot.”

Now that College Dems/Reps & PRIDE! aren’t endorsing any candidates, what will you do for endorsements?

“I plan on talking to public health clubs to see if I can get any endorsements from them, like the Public Health Student Alliance.”

Photo

Asti Ambartsumian
Health Services Administration major with a concentration in Public Health, Junior

“My main goals are to spread the word about what public health is. Not a lot of people know what it is my goal is to let people know what it is. I also want to bring in speakers from different organizations around the community and open up volunteer opportunities for students who are in public health so they have experience before they have their careers.”

“To make sure that if students have any questions or concerns that I would be there to help them and just basically make sure that they get their answer and make sure they achieve what they want to achieve in their public health careers.”

Why are you running?

“I’m running because I love to meet new people, and I’m really passionate about public health. I think that I could help out a lot of people. I’m also an executive member for the Public Health Student Alliance and being with them I think I’ve seen a lot and I’ve gotten to know a lot of people in public health, and I think that would be a very good advantage.

“Like I said I’m in the Public Health Student Alliance. We organize volunteer opportunities, we get to know a lot of public health students and we have meetings and all that organization and meeting all these people I have a lot of experience doing that.”

“I think I would be the best because I have a very diverse background. I was born in a different country and I speak four different languages, and I can communicate with people who are from different backgrounds. I can understand people who are from different cultures and I think that’s a good advantage for me and makes me the best candidate.”

A. “I’m really good at listening, and I think that listening is a good skill to get that issue out. So if I listen to what others have to say about it in the USG section we could decide. I am going to print out posters and put them around campus and give a paragraph about who I am and what I want to do. I also want to promote via social media.”