KSU student take a moment to reflect on how Martin Luther King Jr.’s legacy has affected their lives

Jessica Williams, junior, pre-human development family studies

“We are able to all be here together as one. We can all grow together instead of separately.”

Marisa Ritchey, sophomore, integrated language arts major

“I think it’s inspiring he stood up for so many people who didn’t have a voice. I still think there is controversy among race, but he made a huge difference.”

Dasia Andrus, sophomore, intergrated health studies major

“The dream means to me not being involved in segregation, being able to all come together and live in a peaceful world.”

Stacy Moore, sophomore, business undeclared major

“I honor it (his dream) every day by being the best person I can and being able to reach a higher goal than almost anyone else in my family.”

Kelsy Henderson, sophomore, AED-general major

“I honor his dream by not judging anyone by their race, gender, sexual orientation or ethnicity.”

Khrystian Bridgewater, freshman, pre-nursing major

“We have a very diverse country, and international students are even able to come to the United States and receive an education.”

Katrina Suing, sophomore, architecture major

“It is normative now for us to all be treated equal.”

Florvilson Marcelin, senior, finance major

“I think he did something amazing for the world, especially when he was living. It took him a long time, but in the end we are treated equal.”

Michael Castriganl, sophomore, psychology major

“Kent State honors Martin Luther King ‘s dream by being incredibly open to everyone. Kent is accepting to all nationalities, and I am very happy to be a student here because of the diversity.”

Kara Taylor and Michael Lopick are diversity reporters for the Daily Kent Stater.

Kara Taylor and Michael Lopick

[email protected]

[email protected]