Networking now, jobs later — KSU to host information professionals

Taylor Williams

Kent State will host information-systems and information-technology employers Wednesday from 1 to 3:30 p.m. in preparation for the Fall Job and Internship Fair.

Robert Walker, director of the School of Digital Sciences, said the networking event will offer students a wealth of opportunities for growth and jobs, as several regional IS and IT companies will be present.

“Waiting until your senior year to start looking at companies is almost too late,” Walker said because companies start looking for interns as soon as the end of freshman year.

Unlike the IS/IT Expo held in the spring, which promotes different jobs, this event is about making connections with a future company and employer, Walker said.

Participating companies include American Greetings, FirstEnergy, Hyland Software and Progressive. The event will be on the second floor of the Student Center.

The idea is for students to show up with a resume, meet employers and learn as much as possible while getting their name out, Walker said.

Presented by the College of Applied Engineering, Sustainability and Technology, the School of Digital Sciences as well as other boards and departments, Walker said this networking event is new to Kent State and will be one of many.

Contact Taylor Williams at [email protected].