The Litterbugz clean up Cleveland

Erin Zaranec

A nonprofit organization, The Litterbugz, will host “The Great Cleveland Clean Up” event in 50 different locations around the Cleveland area from 2 to 5 p.m. on Sept. 14.

The Litterbugz, dedicated to cleaning litter and educating the public on the environmental dangers of littering, has been cleaning up cities since 2011.

Senior communication studies major Daniel Potteiger, who has participated in The Litterbugz event at Edgewater Beach, is passionate about the organization and believes that other Kent State students should be too.

“As a Clevelander myself, I was really attracted to The Litterbugz because I want to see a clean city,” he said. “Participating in the event is also a great resume builder, along with a good way to make new friends and a good way to network yourself.”

Two thousand volunteers are needed for the September event. The Northeast Ohio Predators, a semi-pro amateur football team, already committed to helping.

Any students or faculty members interested in either participating in or donating to ‘The Great Cleveland Clean Up” can visit the Litterbugz website for a complete list of the 50 locations that The Litterbugz will clean.

Potteiger and other Kent State students will be outside of the Student Center on Tuesday from 10 to 11 a.m. to answer any questions about the event and sign up interested students.

Contact Erin Zaranec at [email protected].