Quick guide to on-campus food options

Graphic courtesy of Kent State Dining Services

SKS Staff

Student Center

lower level:

Quaker Steak & Lube

Jazzman’s Cyber Cafe

The Rathskellar: The Rathskeller has live entertainment on weekends, and all shows are free for students 18 and over and $2 for non-students.

The Hub:

– Einstein Bros. Bagels

– Jump Asian Express

– Subway

– Nathan’s Famous Hot Dogs and Arthur Treacher’s

– Shake Wrap & Roll

– Ambrosia

Kent Market (first floor): Found right behind the central stairs and fountain in the Student Center, the Kent Market serves fresh soup, wraps, made-to-order sandwiches and salads daily. The Market also has vegan and vegetarian items to choose from, along with daily home-cooked specials. Baked foods are delivered here from the KSU Bakeshop, as well as freshly prepared Simply To Go products.

Kent Market 2 (second floor):

– Olives: Create your own pasta station, with daily specials

– Boar’s Head Deli: Made-to-order deli sandwiches and wraps

– Market Grill: Grilled favorites such as pizza, hot dogs and assorted sandwiches

– Tandoori Oven: Indian cuisine

– Fresh Inspirations: Made-to-order salads with a wide selection of vegetables and greens.

– Simply To Go: Prepared sandwiches, salads and wraps

Schwartz Center

Schwartz Center Snack Shop: Fresh salad and sandwich options are available along with Seattle’s Best Coffee and fresh bakery items.

Oscar Ritchie Hall

Jazzman’s Cafe

University Library

The Bean Scene: Serves pastries and Starbucks coffee

Prentice Cafe

Prentice Cafe: Located on the first floor of Prentice Hall, the Cafe offers home-style meals, fresh coffee and bakery items. The cafe also features Burrito Del Ray, which offers made-to-order burritos, salad bowls and quesadillas, as well as Veggie-A-GO-GO, a call-ahead vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free meal program.

Munchies Market: Prentice Hall’s small market is a snack shop with freshly made sandwiches, wraps, gluten-free and vegetarian items — as well as brand-name grocery products. Munchies is also open late for late-night grocery needs.

Eastway

Eastway Cafe: The Cafe has the campus’ largest salad bar and an international grill. It serves home-cooked meals, hot-from-the-grill sandwiches and fresh bakery items. The Cafe also features Veggie-A-GO-GO, a call-ahead vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free program that provides meatless and gluten-free options.

Eastway Market & Deli: A selection of grocery items, international brands and products grown and manufactured in Ohio fills the downstairs market in Eastway. The Market also contains Kent State’s Simply To Go and Simply For U programs, offering gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan and traditional options for on-the-go needs.

Student Recreation and Wellness Center

A smoothie and snack bar in the Rec serves fresh fruit, protein bars and made-to-order smoothies.