“Let’s Take a Walk” Allows Students to Explore

Erin Zaranec

Kent State’s Esplanade extension has created quite the stir around campus this year, along with making a trip downtown much more convenient for students and faculty. The Community Outreach Committee of the Kent State Sustainability Task Force has put together the free event “Let’s Take a Ride/Walk” to give people a chance to explore the new extension Sept. 19 at 11:30 a.m.

Marty Mundy, co-chair of the event-planning committee, said participants may walk or ride bikes, which are available for rent at www.kent.edu/flashfleet, from Risman Plaza to Bar 145 downtown.

Once downtown, the executive director of the Portage Park District will speak about the Hike and Bike trail options that the Esplanade provides, and Bar 145 and Miracle on Main St. will provide a free lunch.

Along with the benefit of exercise, Mundy said participants also will receive coupons and promotional deals to various downtown locations and students will receive 500 FLASHPerks.

Registration for “Let’s Take a Ride/Walk” ends Sept. 17 and the event is limited to the first 120 participants that register online at https://reg.abcsignup.com/reg/event_page.aspx?ek=0055-0003-3af23b4821614294aa3da87ebc80c28f.

For any further questions or information, Mundy can be contacted at 330-672-9618 or co-chair Alex Piteo, who can be reached at 330-673-6115.

Contact Erin Zaranec at [email protected].