Symposium celebrates ‘The New Face of Research’

Emily Komorowski

The Graduate Student Senate will be sponsoring the 28th Annual Graduate Research Symposium titled “United in Discovery: The New Face of Research” from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. on April 19 in the Student Center.

Graduate students from all majors are encouraged to present their research in oral or poster presentations at the event. Undergraduate students are also welcome to attend.

“The Graduate Research Symposium is a way to gain research presentation experience and receive great disciplinary feedback,” said Weronika Kusek, symposium chair for Graduate Student Senate. “It is also a great [curriculum vitae] builder.”

Breakfast, lunch and refreshments will be given throughout the day. Small monetary awards will be given for outstanding poster and oral presentations during the Awards Luncheon, Kusek said. The Award’s Luncheon will also include keynote speaker, Dr. Sonia Alemagno, dean of the College of Public Health.

Kusek said the symposium is currently looking for two faculty members and one student judge. She said they also need student volunteers. Students must have some knowledge with technology. The student’s duties would include making sure everyone is where they need to be that day.

The event is free and open to anyone who registers for the event. The registration deadline is Friday.

Emily Komorowski is the graduate affairs reporter for the Daily Kent Stater. Contact Emily Komorowski at [email protected].