TV2 Sports Present the Most Annoying Fans in Sports

TV2 Sports

The TV2 Sports Team shared their opinion on who are the most annoying fans in sports.

Kyle Vertoch (Wednesday Flashcast Anchor)

The Pittsburgh Steelers definitely have the most annoying fans in sports. I make take some heat from this one, but I was born and raised a Cleveland Browns fan and raised to hate the Steelers. I will admit, Steelers fans are some of the most dedicated fans in all of sports, but also the most annoying.

Ty Sugick (Thursday Web Sports Anchor)

New England / Boston fans are the absolute worse fans ever. They are the most arrogant fans in the land they are even worse than steeler fans and that’s sayin a lot.

Cris Ross (TV2 Sports Reporter)

Boston Red Sox fans : The Red Sox have won 2 championships in 93 years and the fans swear they are a great team in baseball. They have a nation named after them “Red Sox Nation”. How Red Sox Fans compare the Red Sox to the New York Yankees as the Red Sox being better is annoying with no hope.

Rich Pierce (Sports Corner Anchor)

As someone coming from Pennsylvania, Ohio State. Oh, wait, I’m sorry, THE Ohio State. It’s such an extreme obsession in Ohio and many of those obsessed did not attend the school. Once you make a decision not to go to a school, it seems to me the obsession should curb. But, here, it doesn’t.

Zach Harley (Monday Flashcast Sports Anchor)

Pittsburgh fans by far. They lead the league in whines per minute and can never get over the fact that another team might actually beat them. Go Browns.

Hunter Austin (Wednesday Web Sports Anchor)

Even though I am from Pittsburgh, I have to say that Steeler fans are by far the most annoying. First of all, they’re everywhere. Regardless of where the Steelers are playing there are Terrible Towels waving in the air. Additionally, Steeler fans find a way to make everything about them. When the 49ers lost the Super Bowl and didn’t tie the Steelers for the most Super Bowl wins in the league, “Steeler Nation” celebrated a win. The worst part about Steeler fans is that they are under the assumption that the rest of the league thinks that they’re the greatest, but they are sadly mistaken.

Jacob Corcoran (Sports Corner Anchor)

I don’t think it is fair to pin point one fan base as the most annoying. Every fan base thinks their rival fan base is annoying and obnoxious. That being said, the most annoying type of sports fan is the band-wagoner.

Michael Drake (Friday Flashcast Sports Anchor)

This one is an easy one. The Akron Zips have the most annoying fans. Aside from the fact that they are Kent State’s rival, I can’t even sit through a single Akron sporting event without having my blood pressure rise. I have traveled to more than 60 colleges and attended some sort of sporting event and I had never seen fans that have chants for every possible situation…until I heard the Zips at a basketball game. Often times, their chants are disrespectful and don’t get me wrong, I love die-hard fans that are emotional and enthusiastic about their teams, but there is a fine line between being passionate and being obnoxious.

Alison Reilly (TV2 Sports Reporter)

The fans that annoy me the most are definitely Ohio State fans. I can respect the fans that go or went there, but I cannot stand people who are fans that have no ties to the school whatsoever. Cheering for them simply because they are good year after year, or because you live in the state of Ohio, are not good reasons to cheer for a team. Yes, I’ve lived in Northeast Ohio my whole life and I am NOT a Buckeye fan.

Andy Jardy (Friday Sports Anchor)

It has to be the University of Michigan fan base. The fact that they reference Ohio State simply as “Ohio” makes no sense to me. Those are two separate universities! And to make it more humiliating, they can’t beat either one of those schools in football or basketball.

Sean Barie (Monday Sports Anchor)

I’m going to take the high road here and stay out of the Pittsburgh-Cleveland turnpike rivalry. Even though both Steelers fans and Browns fans have their off days, the worst fan base in the country is with out a doubt….”THE” Ohio State Buckeye Fans. If it were up to their fans, they would play in a National Championship every year. Because “other people really just don’t understand how good the buckeyes are.” Starting a season off on a 4 game home stand against Miami (OH), Central Florida, University of Alabama…Birmingham, and Cal does not a National Champion Team make. Even Kent State only takes one cupcake game and then gets down to business.

I do applaud Buckeye Nation for filling that massive cathedral they call a stadium every weekend, however, the amount of smug coming out of that stadium every weekend should be considered an act of mass pollution and banned by the EPA and NCAA. Any time 105,000 people sing “We don’t give a d**m about the whole state of Michigan” to an Eastern Michigan team that was on a 14 game losing streak, you have disgusted me. I USED to be a HUGE buckeye fan because of family ties. After going to a game freshman year, I will root for ANYONE else..except Akron of course.

Michelle Warner (TV2 Sports Reporter)

As a Michigan girl, I find that the most irritating sports fans are Ohio State sports fans. What they don’t realize is that majority of my generation cares about the rivalry between MSU and U of M more than the OSU vs U of M rivalry. The most annoying part about it is that some Kent State students take it to another level. If you go to Kent, stop pretending like you go to OSU! Relax.

Krandall Brantley(Tuesday Web Sports Anchor)

The most annoying fans are Pittsburgh Steelers fans. Steeler fans are passionate, I can’t have a conversation with a Steelers fan without them talking about how many rings they have. Win or lose, Steeler fans will revert to how many Super Bowl Championships the franchise has won.

Cory York (Monday Sports Anchor)

The worse fan base has to be the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are arrogant and it has shown during the Super Bowl this past weekend. There was a number of Steeler fans on Twitter that were cheering for the Ravens to win the Super Bowl just so they can remain the only team with six Super Bowl rings. Are you kidding me? That is your divisional rivalry that kept you out of the playoffs! Just proves the arrogance of the Steeler fan base and why they are the worse fans in sports.

Christian Petrila (Monday Web Sports Anchor)

This is tough for me because it’s my own fanbase, but I think Cleveland fans are the most annoying. Don’t get me wrong, I love Cleveland and the city has some of the most loyal fans around, but they’re almost always whiny and pessimistic to an extremely annoying level. If something good happens, then “it’s only a matter of time before something goes wrong.” If something goes wrong, then that ends up being the end of the world. Like I said, I love my city, my teams and many of the fans, but a lot of them are just downright unhappy with no cure. (Pittsburgh fans are a very close second though.)

Justin Rockhold (PortageTrailCentral.Com Editor)

The most annoying fans in sports are the Cameron Crazies from Duke. Are they incredibly passionate, entertaining, and possibly the best fans in college hoops? Yes. Would any average person ever want to be in their student section? No. They’re diehards for the Blue Devils, which is great, but Duke is a campus with a very high standard of education and a pedigree of quality students. With that said, don’t you ever wonder where all these hooligans come from? I feel like the kids going wild at Cameron Indoor either don’t go to the school, or don’t get very good grades. Neither of those statements are probably true, but I’ll keep thinking that. Plus, their act is getting tired. They do the same thing every year! Traditions are for the basketball programs, not the student sections that represent them. Today, innovation is key, and it’s something they strongly are lacking. Oh, and I hate Duke, so that might add to my bitterness a bit.

Follow TV2 Sports on Twitter @TV2KSUSports.

Week 1 TV2 Sports Look Forward to 2013

Week 2 TV2 Sports Predict the Super Bowl