Our look at the Kent area job openings

Maura Zurick

If you’re a graduating senior and unsure of your post-graduate life, we’ve got few companies in the Kent area that, you might be interested to know, are hiring.

The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company

Akron

Hiring: accountants for accounts payable and payroll

Opportunity for accounting and finance majors.

Requirements: must be able to work well under pressure

Salary: entry level salary and benefits

For more information about this company and how to apply go to www.goodyear.com

Hyland Software, Inc.

Westlake

Hiring: technical support, database analysts, graphic designers, marketing analysts

Opportunity for students graduating in computer science and technology, visual communication design, public relations, and marketing.

Requirements: for database analysts, one to three years of experience is needed, proficiency in use of current technology

Requirements: for graphic designers one year of experience is needed

Requirements: for marketing analysts, must be willing to travel

Salary: entry level salary and benefits; may be negotiated

For more information about this company and how to apply go to www.hyland.com

On-campus resources

Career Counseling – drop-in 10-minute sessions or 60-minute appointments with a trained career counselor.

Career Resource Library – career counseling books and periodicals, along with computers and printers for job searches, career exploration, graduate school preparation as well as résumé and cover letter writing.

Graduate School Preparation – assistance with searching and applying to graduate study programs

Internship Preparation – résumé help, cover letter writing and practice interviews

Experience Job and Internship Board – a place for students to find potential jobs and internships relevant to their field

Job and Internship Fairs – a place for students to meet and network with potential employers throughout the year

Testing – ACT admissions test and College Level Examination Program tests are available throughout the year. The CLEP test allows students to earn college credit without taking a course.

MyPlan – an online major and career guidance program that allows students to take career assessment tests for free. MyPlan also provides career exploration from a career database, compete with short videos for different careers and a salary calculator.

The Career Services Center website provides additional information about all of the services listed above, as well as additional information in regards to networking, résumé building, professional behavior, cover letter writing and more.

Source: www.kent.edu/career

Independence Medical

Twinsburg

Hiring: sales support specialist, sales account manager, sales support coordinator of Home Health Agencies

Opportunity for students graduating in business, accounting, marketing and operations management.

Requirements: for sales support coordinator position, a graduate level degree in management is needed

For more information about this company and how to apply go to www.indemed.com

Edgepark Medical Supplies

Twinsburg

Hiring: bilingual customer care specialist, financial analyst, logistics analyst

Opportunity for students majoring in Spanish, business, finance and accounting.

Requirements: for bilingual customer care specialist, fluency in Spanish is needed as well as good communication skills

Salary: entry level salary and benefits

vFor more information about this company and how to apply go to www.edgepark.com

Ernst & Young

Cleveland and Akron

Hiring: campaign supervising associate

Opportunity for students majoring in accounting, business, finance.

Requirements: proficiency in programs like Microsoft Excel and Lotus Notes. Applicants for this position must be willing to stay overtime and travel.

For more information about this company and how to apply go to www.ey.com

Lexicomp

Hudson

Hiring: graphic designers, technical support, sales associates and marketing representatives

Opportunities for students majoring in chemistry, business management, visual communication design, computer information systems, marketing and finance.

Salary: competitive salary structure with benefits including a 401K, medical, dental and vision insurance and paid time off

For more information on this company and how to apply go to www.lexi.com

Contact Maura Zurick at [email protected].