Candidate announced for vice president of regional campuses, dean of the College of Applied and Technical Studies

Vice president of regional campuses and dean of the College of Applied and Technical Studies candidates Margaret (Peggy) Shadduck, David M. Dees, and Jennie J. Gallimore.

Jessica Cobb Reporter

The search for the Vice President of Regional Campuses and Dean of the College of Applied and Technical Studies has been narrowed to three final candidates: Margaret Shadduck, David Dees and Jennie Gallimore.

Each candidate will hold a virtual public presentation during the final weeks of October. All are invited and encouraged to attend the meetings remotely and provide feedback through the corresponding surveys

Margaret Shadduck will kick off the presentations on Friday, Oct. 23 from 1:15-2 p.m. Shadduck is currently the associate dean and a faculty director in applied arts and science of New College at the University of Texas. 

David Dees will present on Tuesday, Oct. 27 from 2:15-3 p.m. Dees has a long history at Kent State, and is the current interim vice president for system integration at the main campus. He also has history at the East Liverpool and Salem campuses as dean and chief administrative officer.

Finally, Jennie Gallimore’s presentation will be held on Friday, Oct. 30 from 1:15-2 p.m. She is the current dean of the college of technology, architecture and applied engineering at Bowling Green State University. 

Each candidate will begin their presentation with an overview of their experience. After, they will “discuss challenges facing higher education especially in the context of a regional campus system as well as the future of regional campuses in an Applied Technical Studies College,” according to interim provost Melody Tankersley’s announcement.

There will be allotted times after each presentation for questions posed by the audience.

Jessica Cobb is a regionals/CCI reporter. Contact her at [email protected].

SUPPORT STUDENT MEDIA 

Hi, I’m Lauren Sasala, a senior journalism student from Toledo. I’m also the editor in chief of The Kent Stater and KentWired this semester. My staff and I are committed to bringing you the most important news about Kent State and the Kent community. We are full-time students and hard-working journalists. While we get support from the student media fee and earned revenue such as advertising, both of those continue to decline. Your generous gift of any amount will help enhance our student experience as we grow into working professionals. Please go here to donate.