Virtual career fair to provide more options for students after graduation

Career Fair Banner

The virtual student Career Exploration Fair taking place tomorrow is expected to provide more opportunities to students than any past Kent State career fair. 

“It’s really exciting to host this virtually because it allows us to encompass a lot more employers that aren’t immediately local. Students will be able to meet employers from across the globe,” said Allison Smolinski, Kent State’s senior career advisor and Handshake coordinator.

From 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. students can choose from one-on-one meetings with employers or graduate schools or can listen in on group sessions for information about certain businesses or programs. 

The only thing students must do to gain access to the career fair is to register through Handshake, even if they do so while the career fair is already in session, said Smolinski.

Tomorrow’s career fair also stands apart from previous Kent State career fairs because there are multiple graduate schools attending as well as traditional employers, bringing the count of employers and higher education options to 111 as of yesterday afternoon.

“We have several graduate schools attending for the first time because it gives students more options to choose whatever the next step may be for them, whether that be employment or graduate school to further their education,” Smolinski said.

Smolinski looks forward to counting tomorrow’s career fair “as a success” as there are over 500 students registered and the number continues to grow.

Josie Thomas cover jobs and money. Contact her at [email protected].