Fashion students prepare for annual show, ‘The Time is Now’

Courtney Earls, freshman fashion merchandising major, wears a piece diesgned by Jamie Reynolds, senior fashion design major during the Re-Create fashion show last year. Photo by Sam Verbulecz.

Yelena Tischenko

“The Time is Now”

Student Show Friday April 15 7 p.m.

Tickets are $10

Public Show Saturday April 16 8:30 p.m.

Tickets from $30 to $65

University Auditorium in Cartwright Hall

Fashion students are furiously working to make sure every aspect of this year’s annual fashion show is perfect.

“The Time is Now,” Kent State’s annual fashion show, will begin at 8:30 p.m. Saturday in the University Auditorium in Cartwright Hall. The night will begin with a light show followed by the fashion students, including individual submissions and senior collections, Laura Toomey, senior fashion merchandising and co-producer of the show, said in an e-mail.

Planning for the big night started after last year’s show ended. Toomey said the nice part about working on the fashion show two years in a row is learning how to make improvements so things can run smoothly.

There will be a special show at 7 p.m. Friday in the University Auditorium in Cartwright Hall for students. Tickets are $10 and can be purchased online at www.tix.com or at the door (cash only). Tickets for Saturday’s show range from $30 to $65 and can also be purchased online. Dress is cocktail attire.

“There is a huge time commitment for the annual show,” said Michaela Neu, model and junior fashion merchandising major. “There are weeks and weeks of fittings. It gets down to the nitty gritty, but it’s so rewarding.”

Contact Yelena Tischenko at [email protected].