RPA_04_DAurora_EarlyVote

Elizabeth D'Aurora

INTRO:

November second isn’t the only day to cast your vote.

Every day is Election Day in Portage County until November second at seven thirty P-M.

Early voting is going on right now at the Portage County Board of Elections in Ravenna.

Elizabeth D’Aurora has the story.

TAKE PKG:

Hundreds of people have already cast their votes at the polls.

As of two weeks before the election, seven hundred and eighty three in office early votes were cast at the Portage County Board of Elections in Ravenna.

Director of the Board of Elections, Linda Marcial, said there has been an increase in amount of people who take advantage of early voting.

TAKE SOT: (CG: Linda Marcial/Director of Portage County Board of Elections)

PEOPLE, SINCE THE 08 PRESIDENTIAL, ARE NOW MORE AWARE OF THE EARLY VOTING POSIBILITY.

She credits communication via word of mouth for more citizens realizing they can vote before Election Day.

TAKE SOT:

AND I THINK IT’S BECAUSE I DO IT AND I SAY TO YOU, HEY DO YOU KNOW YOU CAN GO DOWN THERE AND VOTE, AND YOU JUST SAY OH NO I DIDN’T KNOW THAT.

STAND UP: (CG: Elizabeth D’Aurora/TV2 News)

YOU HAVE UNTIL NOVEMBER 1ST TO CAST YOUR EARLY VOTE, WHICH MARCIAL DOESN’T THINK IS A BAD IDEA.

SOT:

OTHER THAN WEATHER, CONVINIENCE MAYBE BECAUSE YOU CAN PICK ANY DAY VERESUS A CERTAIN DAY.

Jeanne Cebulla of Hiram Township voted early to avoid being rushed at the polls on Election night.

TAKE SOT: (CG: Jeanne Cebulla/Early Voter)

I THINK IT’S GREAT, IT REALLY IS. I DIDN’T FEEL ANY PRESSURE TO RUSH AND I SPENT PLENTY OF TIME CHECKING MY BALLOT OVER.

No excuse is a good excuse to not cast your vote on November second because of the early vote option.

TAKE SOT:

SO YOU TALK ABOUT ONE VOTE MAKING A DIFFERENCE IN THIS SEA OF NUMBERS, HOW DOES MINE MATTER, BUT WE ACTUALLY HAD TWO TIE VOTES LAST YEAR IN THE SAME ELECTION CYCLE.

TAG:

The Portage County Board of Elections is located on 449 South Meridian Street in Ravenna. Polls close November second at seven thirty P-M.

CRITIQUE:

-Boring b-roll, not many people were voting and couldn’t get any more creative with the b-roll.

-Standup is so-so. I’m practicing trying to figure out what I want my story to say so I can come up with a better standup on the spot.

-Lighting on standup isn’t the best.

-Framing on standup looks good.

-Good SOT from Jeanne

-Nice position of Linda

-Shortest package yet!