Three students allegedly involved in Friday’s assault

Regina Garcia Cano

Recording of the 911 call made to the Kent Police Department.

The Kent Police Department continues to investigate an alleged assault at the Phi Sigma Kappa fraternity house involving three Kent State students.

Freshman exploratory major Jordan T. Hall, 19, of Shaker Heights was arrested and charged with two counts of felonious assault, both second-degree felonies, for allegedly assaulting two other Kent State students early Friday morning.

Photo courtesy of the Kent Police Department.

Hall “did knowingly cause or attempt to cause physical harm” to Max E. Druiz and Ryan A. Pilz “by means of a deadly weapon or dangerous ordnance,” according to court records.

Druiz is a freshman biotechnology major, and Pilz is a junior theater studies major, according to the university student directory.

The incident occurred at 1:56 a.m. at 216 E. Main St.

Druiz’s Facebook status at 4:14 p.m. Friday stated “(Expletive) shanked (sic) me in the lung.”

Monday at 5:15 p.m. Druiz wrote he was at Akron City Hospital. He was not listed as a patient as of yesterday at 8 p.m.

Kent Fire Department confirmed Pilz was not transported to a hospital.

Scott Wilson, president of Phi Sigma Kappa, was not available for comment despite attempts to reach him.

Teniell Trolian, assistant director for Greek affairs, was not available to comment by printing time.

Hall posted a bond of $25,000. By court order Hall was forbidden from contacting the alleged victims. He will have a preliminary hearing in Judge Kevin Poland’s courtroom at the Kent branch of the Portage County Municipal Court on March 19.

Contact public affairs reporter Regina Garcia Cano at [email protected].