Kent State reveals fall semester dining updates

In an email to students Tuesday afternoon, Kent State outlined its updates to dining safety for the fall semester. 

Dining Services will implement all COVID-19 safe practices and guidelines established by the university with the Flashes Safe Seven principles , the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention [CDC], the State of Ohio and the local Department of Health. 

Visual representations of safety efforts including signage, frequent sanitation methods and floor stickers to promote physical distancing will be posted. Density capacity will be no more than 50 percent of normal occupancy with six feet between tables. This also requires seating limitations for all dining locations, but to-go options will still be available for guests who prefer to eat elsewhere.

The all-you-care-to-eat dining halls [DI Kitchen and Eastway Fresh Food Company] will be a combination of carry-out and limited dine-in seating and may be subject to change in order to remain in compliance with necessary practices and guidelines.

For more information, visit the University Dining Services website or contact Dining Services at [email protected].

Dining Updates

In fall 2020, University Dining Services will unveil a new dining hall facility and convenience store in the Design Innovation Hub building. There will also be operational adjustments made to other dining locations to adapt to the changing needs of the university community and given the unique situation of re-opening with COVID-19.

Beginning in the Fall 2020 Semester:

• There will be expanded dining offerings at Rosie’s Diner to include pizza and deli options.

• Made-without-gluten options will be available at both the DI Kitchen and Eastway Fresh Food Company dining halls, as well as at additional dining locations across campus.

• Working with Kent State, Munchies Market and Prentice Cafe will be repurposed as student engagement spaces and will no longer function as dining locations.

• The Market dining hall and the Patio within the Kent Student Center will also no longer function as dining halls; the university is determining new uses for these spaces.

• Hippie Chick will be a new chicken concept located in the HUB of the Kent Student Center, offering home style breaded chicken tenders, a variety of sauces including an in-house special sauce and sides.

• GRAZERS will be leaving their location on campus and serving the Kent State community at their expanded restaurant located in downtown Kent.

Contact Maria McGinnis at [email protected].