The Bachelor & Bachelorette: RA edition

Pamela Crimbchin and Meghan Bogardus

Looking for love in all the wrong places? Maybe try scoring a date with these lucky singles – a few of the most eligible residence assistants on campus. They spend their days and nights caring lovingly for their residents, but wouldn’t mind a few times to slip away. The guys and gals described to the Stater their ideal dates, future plans and some interesting tidbits no one knows.

The final rose could be yours.

Bachelor #1: Tyler Hejl

junior integrated social studies major, Korb Hall

You have an entire day to yourself. How do you spend it?

“Typically what I do is read and nap. And if I feel like it, I’ll probably watch a movie. I don’t really like to do much on days off.”

Best place for a Valentine’s Day kiss?

“I don’t know. I’m not a public guy so, a nice romantic location. I don’t really know where that would be. I feel like every couple has their spot and wherever that would be. Somewhere with some nice scenery, maybe like a nice park or something.”

Describe your dream girl:

“I would say she’d have to be the type of girl you can take home to mama, have to be respectful and honest. You know, all that good quality stuff. Has to be able to laugh, have a good sense of humor and be able to read sarcasm, because I’m very sarcastic… And a pretty smile isn’t bad.”

If you could meet anyone, who would it be and why?

“My great-great-uncle is Robert La Follette, he was the governor of Wisconsin for a while. He put a couple of initiatives forward, environment issues and putting experts in office as they called it, people who were actually trained in the subject of their office. I would like to meet him, because he is actually my family and he was important in history.”

Something interesting most people wouldn’t guess about you?

“I’d say the most interesting aspect of me is that I’m a very outdoorsy guy. I know almost too much about nature. I’m not ‘at one’ with nature, you know, but I can ramble off random facts about trees and all the animals around Kent and Michigan wild flowers. (laughing) And I love chopping wood.”

Plans for the future?

“Ultimately, I think I’d like to teach at a college setting, part time, so you have the ability to teach what you want. In high school you really can’t anymore. I would say my ultimate goal is to have a nice solid job with a nice family and a dog.”

-Pamela Crimbchin

Bachelor #2: Tony Willoughby

junior English major, Leebrick Hall

You have an entire day to yourself. What would you do?

“If I’m not studying or doing work like that, I usually watch a little TV, try to get a little workout in. Just walk around campus, enjoy the whole area.”

What type of shows do you like?

“I like watching The Simpsons, Comedy Central. There’s a lot of stand-up comedy that’s pretty funny. And sometimes you know, the AMC channel, like the classic movies and stuff, that’s always fun to watch.”

Best place for a Valentine’s Day kiss?

“I’d probably say up around Taylor hill, because it’s a pretty good view around campus and it seems like a nice secluded spot.”

Describe your dream girl.

“My dream girl would probably be a girl who is cute, is very opinionated and has good ideas, and you know, has something going on ‘upstairs’ in the head.”

If you could meet anyone in the world, who would it be and why?

“The president. That would be cool to meet him right now. You know he started the whole new history thing, the whole voting for change. I did vote for him, so it would be kind of cool to meet him. It’d be like I won the election.”

Something interesting about you that most people would not guess?

“I guess I’m secretly a nerd, because I like comic book heroes.”

Plans for the future?

“Ideally, I’d like to be a writer. And hopefully if I get good with that, I can get famous and well-known for my writing and live off of that. But I am taking a business minor just in case. I don’t want to be a starving artist for too long.”

-Pamela Crimbchin

Bachelorette #1: Jaleshea Cobbs

senior integrated social sciences major, Koonce Hall

“I would probably sleep in. If it’s nice outside, I would go to a park and spend time with Jesus, gaze upon His beautiful creation, play basketball at the rec, hit up a matinee, color a bit and then probably watch hardest hits in the NFL on YouTube.”

Best place for a Valentine’s Day kiss?

“Maybe on the boardwalk at a beach where it is warm.”

Describe your dream guy:

“I can’t say I have a ‘dream’ guy. The type of guy I’m attracted to loves the Lord and is living his life for Him, has a strong group of guys behind him, is willing to take the lead, makes me laugh, is attractive to me, has goals in life, loves sports and is man enough to put his heart on the line.”

“It would probably be Hall of Fame coach Joe Gibbs because he is such a great man, who loves football and God. He coached my favorite team in the NFL, the Washington Redskins. He led his team to three Super Bowl victories, but he wasn’t just about winning games. He was also about building great character in his team and all his players loved him because of his heart for them.”

“Most people that I meet wouldn’t guess that I am as old as I am. I’m 24, and I’ll be 25 in October. I definitely don’t look my age, but it’s all good because when I turn 50, I will still look good.”

Plans for the future?

“In the future I plan on being a high school social studies teacher. I also would like to work with youth in some form outside of teaching, but whatever God has planned for me.”

-Meghan Bogardus

Bachelorette #2: Kara Goche

junior speech pathology and audiology major, Stopher Hall

“Like, relax, read a book and watch movies. Depending on my mood, I might go work but mostly just stay in and relax.”

Best place for a Valentine’s Day kiss?

“I would say like a romantic date or somewhere romantic. Oh, no wait, like a good night kiss, right before you go in, so it ends the date perfectly.”

Describe your dream guy:

“He has to have a sense of humor. He has to be intelligent, has to have ambition, goals and he has to be close to his family.”

“Princess Diana. She is just very interesting, and I like that she is very caring. She would be a great role model.”

“I used to play sports in high school. Like I loved basketball and softball. I’m a big sports fan.”

Plans for the future?

“I want to be a speech pathologist and move out of Ohio.”

-Pamela Crimbchin