USG wants you

Melissa Dilley

Applications for 2009-10 school year terms due next Wednesday with 160 signatures

Applications for the upcoming Undergraduate Student Government elections are available. They can be picked up in the Center for Student Involvement office in Room 226 on the second floor of the Student Center.

Positions Available

Directors:

Executive

Community affairs

Student advancement

Governmental affairs

Academic affairs

Student involvement

Communications

Programming

Business and finance

Senators:

Senators of each of

the 10 academic colleges

Appointed Senators:

Residence halls

Non-traditional students

Diversity

International students

College of Undergraduate Studies

Off-campus and commuter students

Students can apply for director and senator positions but can only campaign for one position. In order to apply for a college senator position, students must be enrolled in that particular college.

The application, along with 160 student signatures, is due to CSI by 5 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 18.

Those seeking an appointed senator position should turn in the application and signatures by 5 p.m. Thursday, Mar. 12. Interviews will follow.

To be eligible for a position, the student must maintain a 2.25 GPA, be currently enrolled in and regularly attending eight credit hours and must have passed at least six credit hours in the fall semester.

Members receive scholarships for their participation. Directors receive $1740 while $870 goes toward the tuition of senators. The term of a USG representative begins in the fall semester and ends after the spring semester.

Last year 14 of the 25 positions went unopposed. Although USG has not tried any new recruiting techniques, executive director Jonathan Bey said he hopes more people apply.

Contact student politics reporter Melissa Dilley at [email protected].