In a pinch for a Valentine’s Day idea?

Allison Smith

Students having troubles finding last-minute gifts for their sweethearts have a few options to find gifts right on campus.

Win a gift card to Olive Garden or a massage at the Rec Center

Business Professionals Roundtable is raffling off a Valentine-themed basket filled with a gift card to Olive Garden, two movie tickets, candy and a teddy bear.

The group is also raffling off two separate half-hour massages at the Student Recreation and Wellness Center. Raffle tickets are $1 for one ticket and $5 for six tickets and can be purchased in the advising office of the Business Administration Building.

Molly Shriver, chair of the group, said the money will go to the group and will also benefit organizations within the College of Business Administration. Winners will be announced at 2 p.m. Friday by phone and e-mail.

Fondue with BUS and PRIDE!Kent

Black United Students and PRIDE!Kent are hosting a fondue party from 6 to 9:30 p.m. tonight in Room 306 of the Student Center.

Fondue flavors will include white chocolate, milk chocolate and cheese, along with drinks. Tickets are $5 for singles and $8 for couples and can be bought before or at the door. Students may contact members of either group for more information.

Get your special someone jewelry made by Kent State students

The Jewelry Student Co-op is selling jewelry made by undergraduate and graduate students of Kent State’s jewelry program.

The group will be located in the Art Building today and the second floor of the Student Center tomorrow. Hours are from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Jennifer Ramirez, a graduate student studying jewelry, said the co-op is raising money for a trip to the Society of North American Goldsmiths metals conference in Philadelphia. This is the second year the group is selling jewelry for Valentine’s Day.

The Jewelry Student Co-op sells jewelry before Christmas and Mother’s Day, as well. Prices range from $10 to $50.

Or send your loved one a singing message in-person or on the phone

The Kent State Men’s Chorus can be rented out to sing a song for your special someone. Packages include:

&bull My “Phone-y” Valentine, a telephone greeting for $10.

&bull Regular Delivery, a singing valentine delivery anywhere in the greater Kent area for $20. Time frame is about 4 hours.

&bull “Straight to the Heart,” a singing valentine delivery that will be there within 10 minutes of the time requested. This package is $30.

Mike Wiley, president of Men’s Chorus, said the group will sing songs for parents, teachers and students. Songs include “My Wild Irish Rose,” “Let Me Call You Sweetheart” and “Heart of my Heart.” For more information students can contact Max Jackson at [email protected] or Wiley at [email protected].

Contact news correspondent

Allison Smith at [email protected].