Holly Park offers off-campus luxury

Caroline Lautenbacher

Holly Park Apartments, on state Route 59 near Acme, are another option for students who choose to live off campus. LESLIE CUSANO | DAILY KENT STATER

Credit: Jason Hall

Holly Park Apartments are located on Mulberry Court, across from Acme and Pizza Hut, and offers two- and three-bedroom suites.

Each individual apartment includes a refrigerator, dishwasher and garbage disposal. Each building has an intercom entry system, a laundry facility located on the first floor of each building and on-site security and maintenance personnel.

Apartment prices are as follows:

• Two-bedroom, one-and-a-half bath: $799

• Two-bedroom, one-and-a-half bath with vaulted ceiling: $829

• Two-bedroom, two-bath: $824

• Three-bedroom, two-bath: $1,102

• Three-bedroom, two-bath with vaulted ceiling: $1,132

Each renter is required to pay a $25 application fee, which is then added to the cost of the security deposit. Students under 21 are required to have a co-signer and to have the signature notarized or witnessed.

The apartments come with heat and trash pickup, but residents are required to pay their own water bills, which are a flat rate each month depending on the number of bedrooms in each apartment. Students also pay for their own electric and cable.

“Electric is pretty reasonable,” said Debby Wells, property manager at Holly Park. “I’ve never heard of anyone’s bills getting extremely high.”

Each tenant receives a permanent parking spot for the year, and visitors may request free passes as well.

“We came up with the romance pass,” Wells said. “If you have a boyfriend or girlfriend, they are welcome to a pass for 30 days.”

Junior nursing major Emily Garrison said she enjoys living at Holly Park.

“I personally haven’t had any major problems living here,” Garrison said. “I mean, it isn’t perfect – it has its ups and downs.”

With the recent weather conditions, Garrison said she has found the plowing of sidewalks and roads to be stressful.

“I am up at 6 in the morning, so when my car is plowed in with snow it gets frustrating,” she said. “But I don’t think they were prepared for that snow.”

Otherwise, Garrison said, she hasn’t had any problems with having repairs done in a prompt manner.

Tours of Holly Park apartments are available Monday through Friday from 5 to 9 p.m.

Contact general assignment reporter Caroline Lautenbacher at [email protected].