Jhariah Wadkins

Director of Programming Candidate for USG. 

Jhariah Wadkins 

Director of Programming Candidate 

Q: What is your platform?

A: “Kent State’s Undergraduate Student Government has a rich history of hosting significant events with some of the most influential artists and keynote speakers time and time again. As Director of Programming, I plan to continue this tradition by providing events that will create lasting memories for each and every undergraduate student here at Kent State. I have a solid grasp of the music and entertainment industry as well as insight of what performers and events our students would like to see. I plan on engaging with students, providing surveys and networking with student organizations to ensure I am consistent with what our students would like to see with the programming events here at Kent State.

I want to be transparent with students and let them know that I have their best interests at heart. I would like to improve our ticketing system to ensure that students can efficiently and effortlessly buy their tickets without having to worry about the site crashing mid-purchase. I am eager to bring in a very diverse group of artists and speakers that represent numerous identities similar to our student body. My goal as Director of Programming is to work closely with the undergraduate students of Kent State to provide the best programming experience possible as well as create memories that will last a lifetime.”

Q: Why should people vote for you?

A: “People should vote for me because I am willing to get feedback from students for the type of performers and artists they would like to see on Kent State’s campus. I would also like to have events that improve the campus community and help to bring us together while also making memories that can last a lifetime. People should vote for me because I want to improve representation within USG and make sure that people of different identities are represented and have their voices heard.”

Q: What changes are you looking to enact?

A: “I would like to improve our ticketing system so students can buy their tickets efficiently and not have to worry about the site crashing. I am also looking to have more diverse guests on our campus to ensure more populations can see themselves in performers and guests.”