Winner crowned at final Xbox 360 tournament of semester

Zach Wilson

Kent Student Center Programming held its final Xbox 360 tournament of the semester.

With a “Dead or Alive 4” theme, the tournament consisted of four rounds, with Cory Tilson, freshman magazine journalism major, taking first place.

“I was expecting to get schooled by everyone else,” Tilson said. “I’m a casual gamer, and this was my first tournament.”

Tilson was given a Cleveland Browns drinking glass, while overall winner Angel Vazquez received a $50 gift certificate to the CD/Game Exchange for attending each of the four events and placing in all of them.

“Angel was the most consistent gamer, coming to each event,” said Mike Musial, student manager of dining services.

Musial said most gamers, such as Tilson, are new at each tournament.

“You’ll see a couple of consistents coming to each and every tournament, but it’s mostly new faces,” he explained.

Event supervisor Autumn Piller said anyone is welcome to attend the events.

Piller said KSC Programming will host game tournaments again, but assistant student manager Erin Jaeger said other events will take place as well.

“We host Monday Night Football events, pool tournaments, live bands and karaoke every Thursday,” Jaeger said.

Piller said KSC Programming hosts these events to give students something to do during the week to relieve the stress many feel during the semester.

“We provide these events to entertain students during the school week, giving them a break from school,” she said.

In the past, Piller said KSC Programming has hosted “Madden NFL ’07,” “NCAA Football ’07” and “Halo 2” tournaments with a less-than-stellar response.

“The ‘Halo’ tournament was our biggest — with 16 people in attendance,” she said. “The rest have been lackluster.”

Piller said students are welcome to suggest games they would like to play at the tournaments. Students with ideas can contact KSC Programming at [email protected].

Contact off-campus entertainment reporter Zach Wilson at [email protected].