University provides guidance for students experiencing issues with GPS degree audit function

Alexandra Golden, Assigning Editor

The university registrar is working to correct the complication with the Graduate Planning System’s degree audit function, according to an email sent to students Thursday.

The degree audit combines a student’s major and minor requirements with their academic record to provide a comprehensive record of the student’s progress toward graduation.

Due to this error, students “may find that registered or completed courses are not showing or identified in your GPS degree audit,” according to the email.

Students can take four steps to ensure they are on the appropriate path, the email stated.

Students already registered for summer or fall 2022 can contact the campus or college advising office to ensure they are registered for the correct courses.

Those with an advisor-approved plan saved in GPS can use the approved plan to schedule courses for the summer and/or fall 2022 semesters.

Those without an advisor-approved plan should contact the campus or college advising office to review their course schedule before registering for summer and/or fall 2022 courses.

Students graduating spring 2022 who feel their degree audit is incorrect should contact their campus or college advising office.

“Be assured that the university is working diligently to resolve the issue as quickly as possible, and we will update you on the situation shortly,” the email stated. “In the meantime, academic advisors are available and prepared to assist you to ensure your appropriate course scheduling.”

To contact advising visit www.kent.edu/university-advising.

Alexandra Golden is an assigning editor. Contact her at [email protected]