The Cleveland Bagel Cafe officially opens its doors

Matthew Mergen, TV2 Reporter

Genevieve Krejci, Reporter

The Cleveland Bagel Company has opened its doors to customers in Kent for the very first time. (Berkeley Chadwick)

The Cleveland Bagel Café had a soft opening Tuesday with special hours from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

The café plans to have its hard opening sometime in the next week or two, with its hours being from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., according to Charlotte Varney, co-owner of the café.

The café features assorted bagels from its sister company, The Cleveland Bagel Company. These bagels include rosemary and sea salt, poppy seed, cinnamon cranberry and more. The bagels are baked each morning in-house at the café and are also featured in the café’s specialty sandwiches.

The café not only features these unique Cleveland-style bagels but also has an espresso bar where customers can order lattes, macchiatos, chai tea and many other drinks.

Vegans and vegetarians can delight that the bagels are entirely vegan. The café also offers vegan options for sandwiches and cream cheese. Oat, almond and soy milk are also made readily available as whole milk alternatives for the espresso bar.

Featured at the café, as well, are natural fruit juices that are freshly made from Hudson and homemade hummus from local restaurant Laziza.

“I think we’re just really excited to be able to bring this to Kent and just be there for the students and the community,” said Varney.

Genevieve Krejci is a reporter. Contact her at [email protected]