Mamma Mia Party Brings the ‘70s to Campus

Grace Clarke, Reporter

A Mamma Mia-inspired party kicks off Saturday at 5 p.m., breaking in the newly opened Tahini at the Rathskeller with music and dancing.

Mamma Mia! is best known for the music and fashion it brings to the audience. Flash Activities Board, who is hosting the event, wants to recreate the feeling of the movie, encouraging students to “dress to impress.” FAB will be helping students accessorize by giving away retro ’70s glasses. To remember the night, there will be a photo booth available for students to pose in. Students can also enjoy a treat at the complimentary candy bar.

“The event will be more of an experience which will include a great amount of vines and a Greek aesthetic. I wanted this event to make Mamma Mia fans excited to finally enter that realm,” said Ariyanna Robb, director of entertainment for FAB.

The first 100 students to attend the event will receive a free disco ball keychain and a sticker. Following the listening party of ABBA music all night, the event will continue into the KIVA where FAB will play Mamma Mia! starting at 7 p.m. with cookies and lemonade.

“I saw the event on FAB’s Instagram, I can’t wait to go! I haven’t been to Tahini at the Rathskeller yet and Mamma Mia is one of my favorite movies so it is definitely something I wanna try to attend,” said Taina Riveria, a junior marketing major. “I also can’t wait to dress up and feel like I’m in the movie.”

Grace Clarke is a reporter. Contact her at [email protected].