It’ll make you scream: Sex Week is back at Kent State

Photo Courtesy of Kent Interhall Council

A flyer of the 2022 Sex Week events.

Clara Wicinski, Reporter

Kent Interhall Council revealed this year’s Sex Week events dedicated to the sex education of students.

Condoms on the K, an event where students can receive free condoms and a schedule of events, is set to kick off Sex Week at Risman Plaza on Oct. 24. Halloween is this year’s theme, and students are encouraged to dress up in costumes while attending certain events.

“I’m really excited because Halloween is just a fun holiday where we can bring in a lot of cool elements,” said Yewande Moore, advisor for KIC.

Condoms on the K and Sex in the Dark are events that have been included in previous years’ programming. However, this year KIC has also introduced new events that include other organizations on campus.

“FAB [Flash Activities Board] is going to be hosting a craft event that week,” Moore said. “Students can go paint their own do not disturb door hangers.”

A highlight of this year’s programming is the Sex Week Drag Show in the Kent State Ballroom on Oct. 26. The Halloween-themed drag show is to be headlined by a RuPaul Drag Race contestant who has not been announced yet.

Sex Week’s “banging” finale will end with Sextoberfest on Oct. 28. The party will include sex-themed games, prizes and a costume contest among students. The famous Sex Week t-shirts will also be passed out.

For more information about Sex Week events visit https://www.kent.edu/kic or find KIC on Instagram or Twitter @Kentinterhall.

Clara Wicinski is a reporter. Contact her at [email protected].