Get dressed up at the enchanted garden formal with FAB

Courtesy of FAB

Savana Capp, Reporter

The Flash Activities Board (FAB) is hosting Kent’s first formal open to all students. The evening will take students to an enchanted garden with music and dancing.

Two members of FAB, Sydney Shoaf, senior psychology major and Tuesday night event planner, and Ariyanna Robb, junior hospitality major and director of entertainment, have been advertising the formal especially to students who missed out on a school dance because of COVID-19.

“Based on student interest we know it was something that was missing,” Robb said.

They reached their maximum capacity of 700 students that RSVP’d to the event in just four days.

The dance is Enchanted Garden themed, with a color scheme of purple, green and gold.

“You can feel all dolled up no matter what you wear, if you did wear something simple or if you did wear something more elaborate it would fit this theme no matter what,” said Robb. “We wanted you to feel special, that you are entering into something grand.”

There will be photo booths, lounge areas, a flower backdrop, a dance floor and a DJ from Black Squirrel Radio with music selections the organizers hope everyone can enjoy.

“It’s going to be a whole experience,” Shoaf said.

The formal is RSVP only and based on student reception FAB may even make the event annual.

“We really just want people to have a good time while staying safe,” said Shoaf.

The Enchanted Garden formal will be held in the Student Center Ballroom on Saturday, Feb. 11.

Savana Capp is a reporter. Contact her at [email protected]