Residence hall organization highlights student led campus security

Erin Sullivan, Reporter

National Residence Hall Honorary (NRHH) and the Office of Safety and Security team up to promote campus safety with ‘Hot cocoa on the sundial’ from 2 p.m.to 5 p.m. Feb. 17 in front of Tri Towers.

A hot cocoa stand will be set up on the sundial outside of Tri-Towers where students can enjoy a warm drink while learning about student leadership positions in campus safety.

“A lot of people in NRHH are also employed in the Office of Safety and Security,” NRHH President Caleb Strack said. “They provide students leadership positions whether that be a safety assistant or a senior safety assistant.”

The event will provide information about student-run safety programs and how students can get involved. Information about training and the application process will be discussed.

Courtesy of NRHH

“The Office of Safety and Security offers students valuable resources that many are not aware of,” Strack said. “It just made sense that two organizations that are centered around leadership can come together and have a fun time.”

NRHH will also utilize the event to promote students to apply for leadership positions.

Applications are available on the NRHH here and NRHH’s Instagram page. The deadline to apply is 11:59 p.m. Feb. 17.

Erin Sullivan is a reporter. Contact her at [email protected].