Tri Sigma Night Live 2023 to feature the most participants in four years

Blake Serrano, Reporter

Editor’s Note: Kaitlyn Finchler, internal philanthropy co-chair for Tri Sigma, serves as a campus editor for The Kent Stater and KentWired. Given her role and relationship to the story, KentWired interviewed her as a source.

Fraternities and sororities across campus will participate in comedy sketches on March 4 to raise money for premature babies and their mothers.

Tri Sigma Night Live is put on by the Alpha Beta chapter of Sigma Sigma Sigma and will take place in Cartwright Hall at 7:30 p.m. All proceeds from the event will go to the Tri Sigma Foundation and March of Dimes.

In addition to comedy sketches, the Saturday Night Live inspired event will feature testimonials from prematurely born Tri Sigma sisters.

Senior journalism major Kaitlyn Finchler is the internal philanthropy co-chair for Tri Sigma and oversees the event.

“This year’s event has the most participation we’ve seen in four years,” Finchler said.

There will be sketches by five sororities and six fraternities in participation. The sororities include: Chi Omega, Phi Mu, Delta Gamma, Delta Zeta and Alpha Phi. The fraternities include: Delta Tau Delta, Phi Delta Theta, Kappa Sigma, Alpha Sigma Phi, FIJI and Sigma Chi.

Tri Sigma Alpha Beta is one of the top fundraising chapters in the nation after raising $21,000 last year.

“The majority of our fundraising we do ourselves,” Finchler said. “Whether that’s doing business outreach or posting bingo boards on Instagram.”

Aside from individual fundraising, Finchler said the chapter holds events like cake pop sales.

Internal philanthropy co-chair Berit Hazleton, sophomore theatre design/tech/production major, credits their Tri Sigma sisters’ hard work in spreading awareness about the event.

“As far as promoting the event, a lot of it is word of mouth,” Hazleton said. “Our sisters are also posting about it on platforms like Instagram and Snapchat.”

Hazleton leaned on their sisters for support while planning the event.

“Kaitlyn has been a huge help and a mentor to me,” Hazleton said. “My sisters are also always there to help and give me information.”

Overall, Finchler and Hazleton said they believe the event will bring Greek life communities together for a good cause.

“This event is a great opportunity to show that all Greek life communities can work together, and I hope that people can see that,” Hazleton said.

Tickets for Tri Sigma Night Live are $7 for pre-sale and $10 at the door. To buy tickets or donate to Tri Sigma Night Live 2023, visit the TSNLwebsite.

Blake Serrano is a reporter. Contact him at [email protected].