University food truck undergoes changes

The Fork in the Road food truck sits idle behind the student center. Despite the new paint job, sightings of the food truck around campus have been scarce this semester. 

Kent State’s Fork in the Road food truck has been absent for most of the fall semester as it is undergoing format changes, according to Aramark, the university’s dining services partner.   

“The Fork in the Road Food truck is in the process of transitioning over to a new format and there will be an update communicated soon,” Kevin Moodhe, marketing manager for Aramark, wrote in an email. 

At this point in time, it is unclear what this new format will be. 

In the meantime, students can eat food truck food at The Patio, a new dining option located where Quaker Steak & Lube used to be in the lower level of the Kent Student Center. This location offers options such as pulled pork sandwiches and mac and cheese, as well as interactive games, Moodhe wrote in an email.   

However, many students miss the food truck and the dining options it offered. 

“I went to the food truck close to two to three times a week on the old meal plan,” said Chris Antonille, a senior digital media production major. “The food truck was the best place to eat on campus.”

As a student who has lived on campus for nine semesters, Antonille has much experience with Kent State’s dining options and the changes they have undergone. 

Aramark gets the Kent State community’s feedback from YourDiningVoice.com, where guests can fill out a survey about their dining experience, Moodhe said in an email.   

As more information becomes available, The Kent Stater will continue to provide updates on the food truck and other dining services changes.  

Contact Abigail Mack at [email protected].