Woman attacked on track near health center

Amanda Levine Assigning Editor, Reporter David Williams General Assignment Reporter

Update: The Kent State Police Department arrested the attacker and identified him as 21-year-old Christopher Eugene Clark.

Clark was arrested on charges of “gross sexual imposition, assault and obstructing official business in connection to an incident that occurred Tuesday morning near the fitness track behind DeWeese Health Center on the Kent Campus,” the KSU advisory email said.

Clark is not a Kent State student and is from Newton Falls, OH.

A female student was attacked around 10 a.m. today on the west side of the fitness track near DeWeese Health Center by a white male.

According to an email sent at 12:49 p.m. by Kent State’s alert system, the man attempted to pull “her lower garments down.” The woman fell during the attack and suffered “minor scrapes and abrasions.” 

The attacker is described as six feet tall with dark short hair and “facial scruff.” He wore a grey sweatshirt with a dark hood, dark shorts and dark tennis shoes.

“We’ve enhanced our patrols in the area,” said Community Resource Officer Tricia Knoles.  

After the attack, he ran toward Loop Road and East Summit Street and is still at large. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call the Kent State University Police at 330-672-3070.

Contact Amanda Levine at [email protected]. David Williams contributed to this report, contact him at [email protected]