International Student Council announces plans of events to guide international students organizations

Yui Kaichi
A group of international students enjoy themselves at ISC’s second meeting in the Student Center on Sept. 1, 2023.

The International Student Council, a student organization working to promote the interest of foreign cultures, discussed its plans for events focused on assisting other international students at its second meeting of the semester on Friday. 

“ISC is one of the largest organizations on campus, and it represents all international students,” said Ogulkeyik Hudayberdiyeva, a sophomore communication studies major from Turkmenistan and president of ISC. “In ISC, there are not only a lot of international students from India, Cambodia, Nigeria, Japan, Russia and more from all over the world, but also, American students join ISC.” 

ISC organizes events every semester, such as International Homecoming on October 20 in the fall semester and International Talent and Fashion Show in the spring semester. 

Chukwudi Nwoko, a doctoral student from Nigeria and a vice president of ISC, spoke about an upcoming trivia night. Trivia night will be held at 5:30 p.m. on September 29 at the student center. 

Trivia night will be ISC’s first big event of the semester, and Nwoko said this is a chance to meet new people, get to know about ISC organizations and learn about different cultures.  

ISC is a great opportunity for students to share their culture and make friends from around the world, Hudayberdiyeva said.  

“The reason I joined ISC is because I like to meet new people. Meeting with new people is the biggest interest for me.” she said. “I love showing and seeing no matter where we come from differences in cultures we still get along well. I love when people ask me about my home country, Turkmenistan.”  

Yui Kaichi is a reporter. Contact her at [email protected].