Kent State Unchained

Adrian Leuthauser

A surplus of students sprinted into the lower level of the MACC Center on Thursday evening, trying to secure a guaranteed view of the stage. Tee Grizzley and 2 Chainz were the main performers of the evening as alumna Nicole Radon and Zeds Dead opened.

Nicole Radon played in front of a smaller crowd, but her pounding vocals filled the MACC. Students danced and sang along as she performed both original and cover songs.

The crowd grew a little fuller as EDM artists Zeds Dead prepared for their set of the night. Heavy drops and dubstep quivers vibrated throughout the entire MACC. Each bass drop could be felt throughout your entire body as they mixed popular songs with their own unique beats.

As the floor cleared out, students had to go back outside since the first two artists were part of the free portion of Flashfest. Flashfest had been moved indoors, as cold weather became a concern.

The MACC floor once again became filled with students. This time, though, a flood of students rushed through the doors. Tee Grizzley kicked the show off with heavy, hard hitting raps. At one point during the show, Tee Grizzley lost his ring, only to have someone from the crowd find it. The student was pulled on stage as Tee Grizzley counted out $1,000 in cash, giving it to the student.

As Tee Grizzley left, students waited in anticipation for 2 Chainz. Moments later, 2 Chainz swaggered his way on stage opening with his verse from “No Problem” by Chance the Rapper. He spit through a handful of songs before talking a brief break and bringing his dog, Trappy, on stage, allowing him to bask in the spotlight. Throughout the evening, 2 Chainz continued delivering hit favorites like “I’m different,” and “Birthday Song,” as students danced and rapped along with him.