Shopping in the Kent area

Clothes line the wall at UniversiTEES, all Kent State related, on Saturday, April 15, 2017.

Caitlin Albright

Kent has much to offer in terms of retail — from farmer’s markets to boutiques to bubble tea, there is a little something for everyone.

For off-campus grocery shopping, multiple options are available to students. Students who have access to transportation can drive to Aldi in Stow or for those looking to take a bus, there is a bus stop located outside of the Walmart in Kent.

If you’re interested in boutiques and consignment shops, there are a few options to choose from in Downtown Kent.

City Bank Antiques sells antique glassware, pocket watches, pottery and vintage jewelry.

The Exchange is a well-known store in where people can buy, sell or exchange movies, music and video games.

Figleaf Boutique sells women’s clothes and accessories.

Men can find trendy clothing as well at Jabbour’s Apparel. The store also offers tailoring services.

A common favorite for both men and women is Einstein’s Attic. Einstein’s Attic is a thrift store located a few minutes outside of downtown.

“I buy something totally useful or obscure every time I’m there,” said David Johnston, Kent State advertising graduate.

Downtown Kent is also home to farmer’s markets. The Kent Natural Foods Co-Op provides additive-free foods, which are often locally or organically grown, to the community.

The Haymaker Farmers’ Market is one of the largest in the area. There are many vendors to choose from, all offering organic, homegrown or homemade foods.

The market appears once per week, and the location changes with the seasons.

Students looking for shopping variety can travel to shops like Ming’s Bubble Tea and Kent Cheesemonger, both located in Kent.

“It’s an amazing place,” said Kent State graduate Seth Douglas about Ming’s Bubble Tea. “We go there at least three times a week to get our bubble tea on.”

Kent Cheesemonger offers artisan cheese along with wine, beer, meat and more.

Caitlin Albright is the construction, traffic and safety reporter. Contact her at [email protected].