CAED Career Fair set for Friday

Alicia Krynock

Architecture and interior design students will have the opportunity to meet over 55 different employers this Friday at the College of Architecture and Environmental Design (CAED) Spring Career Fair this Friday.

Taking place from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. in the Student Center Ballroom, the fair will feature additional programs added this year by CAED to help students prepare in advance.

The college held a career fair prep workshop that discussed how to put together a professional resume and portfolio, how to dress professionally and how to approach firms. A panel of architects and interior designers was available for resume and portfolio critiques.

Corey Piazza, a CAED academic advisor, said firms often take notes on the top students that approach them and reach out to them afterward.

“It’s kind of just an opportunity to get the conversation started,” Piazza said. “A lot of (students) are looking for internships, and then, of course, our senior students are potentially looking for full-time employment.”

This job fair could also be good practice for students planning to attend the campus-wide job fair on Feb. 23 from 12 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the university’s Field House.

To prepare, students can take advantage of the prep workshops available next Tuesday through Thursday, from noon to 1 p.m. in room 141 of the Center of Undergraduate Excellence.

The Schwartz Center also has videos on career and interview advice, a checklist of how to prepare for a job fair and resume help available 24/7 on their website.

Alicia Krynock is the architecture and environmental design reporter, contact her at [email protected].