Kent State announces partnership with CVS Health to provide free COVID-19 testing

CVS

CVS Pharmacy

CVS

Troy Pierson Reporter

In an email sent by Interim Associate Provost Manfred van Dulmen this morning, Kent State announced a partnership with CVS Health to provide free COVID-19 testing for students, staff and faculty starting Oct. 12. 

Representatives from CVS will be on the Kent campus weekdays from Oct. 12 to Nov. 20 to provide sample testing for those with and without symptoms (asymptomatic). These tests do not require previous authorization from a physician to participate. 450 individuals will be randomly selected every week to participate in these rapid tests, which van Dulmen recommends participating in to help stem the spread of the virus. After Nov. 20, testing will resume in spring semester 2021. 

According to the email, CVS provides testing at multiple locations across the country for anyone to get tested. 

In addition to the partnership, the university offers COVID-19 tests at the DeWeese Health Center on weekdays for both asymptomatic and symptomatic individuals. The university also partnered with the Ohio Pandemic Testing Team to offer free tests to the public on Oct. 4, and will return to Kent for another round of testing on Oct. 18. 

For more information on testing at the university, visit their website. 

Troy Pierson is a reporter. Contact him at [email protected].

SUPPORT STUDENT MEDIA 

Hi, I’m Lauren Sasala, a senior journalism student from Toledo. I’m also the editor in chief of The Kent Stater and KentWired this semester. My staff and I are committed to bringing you the most important news about Kent State and the Kent community. We are full-time students and hard-working journalists. While we get support from the student media fee and earned revenue such as advertising, both of those continue to decline. Your generous gift of any amount will help enhance our student experience as we grow into working professionals. Please go here to donate.