Kent State appoints dean of the College of Arts and Sciences

Mandy Munro-Stasiuk is the dean of the College of Arts and Sciences at Kent State University. 

Jimmy Oswald, Sports Editor

Kent State University announced Mandy Munro-Stasiuk as the new dean of the College of Arts and Sciences in an email from the Office of the Provost.

Munro-Stasiuk had served as the interim dean of the college since May of 2020. Prior to this position she was a professor of geography, chair of the Department of Geography, associate provost for academic affairs and interim senior associate provost all at Kent State. 

The appointment follows a nationwide search that was led by dean of the College of Aeronautics and Engineering, Christina Bloebaum, and a 12-member committee that was composed of faculty, staff and students. 

Munro-Stasiuk received her undergraduate degree in geography and archaeology in Scotland. She later received her Master of Science in geography from Memorial University of Newfoundland and her Doctor of Philosophy in earth and atmospheric sciences from the University of Alberta.

Melody Tankersley, senior vice president and provost, said in the email that she believes Munro-Stasiuk “will continue to elevate the values and priorities of the College of Arts and Sciences and the university.”

“Dr. Munro-Stasiuk has directed many important university and college initiatives centered on faculty and student success, including textbook affordability, faculty mentoring and leadership development,” Tankersley said. “Moreover, she is a tremendous advocate and leader for the promotion of diversity, equity and inclusion.” 

The appointment will go into effect on March 15.

Jimmy Oswald is a sports editor. Contact him at [email protected].