Local family business owners bring Crumbl Cookies to Cuyahoga Falls

The viral cookie store chain, Crumbl Cookies, is bringing its freshly-baked flavors to Cuyahoga Falls.

The new store, located at 753 Howe Ave., held a grand opening Friday where customers could enter to win a cookie party box if they downloaded the Crumbl app and commented on their Facebook page.

The owners are Michael Langham and Jennifer Page, who are brother and sister, and their partners Johnna Langham and Jimmy Page. 

Johnna said they discovered Crumbl Cookies after hearing about the franchise from their neighbor in Virginia who owns a store. After tasting the flavorful Aggie Blue Mint cookie, she knew this was something special.

Their journey of becoming owners started a year and a half ago when Mike’s sister Jennifer, a Cleveland restaurant owner, decided to join them.

“We wanted to do something together because, to us, family is very important,” Jennifer said. “Coming back to the area that we grew up in and also incorporating our kids and our family into everything that we do was really important.”

Johnna said the tight-knit community was another reason for owning the store.

“We wanted to give back to the community and provide employment,” Johnna said. “I think that’s a great thing, especially for kids in high school and in college. It’s [the community] a melting pot of people, ages and culture.”

Crumbl Cookies was started by Jason McGowan and Sawyer Hemsley, two cousins who dreamed of starting their own unique cookie business. The first store was opened in Logan, Utah, in 2017. Now, with over 800 bakeries in 50 states, the cookie sensation is the fastest-growing cookie company in the U.S.

“The cookies that they offer are something that I’ve never had before, and they’re huge and you can share them, and it’s just so nice to be able to bring those to gatherings, picnics or parties,” Jennifer said. 

With over 250 cookie flavors, the menu rotates each week with four or five new cookies, keeping customers coming back for more.

With so many different cookie flavors coming and going, Michael said it’s difficult to choose just one favorite.

“I started off with the Rocky Road, which was my favorite,” Michael said. “That quickly went to the French Silk, then it went to the Carrot Cake, then it went to the Apples and Cinnamon and now it’s the Hummingbird this week.” 

Johnna said the experience of preparing for this store’s grand opening was a step out of her comfort zone, but it was also rewarding.

“It was a great experience,” Johnna said. “It was something very different because we’re actually in the medical field, so I do baking at home, but to become a bakery franchise owner was something very different from our realm.”

The owners said that working together as a family to make the store a success has brought them closer together.

“Everybody brings something different to the table, so we all have our areas of expertise,” Jennifer said. “I think a lot of it too is just that trust that we have in each other. It’s like that proud parent moment watching them, but they also have twins who are their 13-year-old girls, and it’s really exciting for me to watch my nieces look at their parents and go, ‘Wow, they’re really doing this.’ The kids are so proud of them, and they love watching their parents go on this next journey.”

Crumbl Cookies is located at 753 Howe Ave., Unit D in Cuyahoga Falls, OH. It is open Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Friday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to midnight.

Aden Graves is an opinion writer. Contact him at [email protected]