BOK ’24: Best residence hall

Yinxi Li
Kent State University’s Tri-Towers which hold Koonce, Leebrick and Wright Halls on March 28, 2024.

FIRST: Tri-Towers

Tri-Towers consists of three residence halls: Koonce, Leebrick and Wright, with a rotunda in the center connecting the three  With Rosie’s Diner and Market and the Tri-Rec gym, Tri-Towers has many options for students.

“I loved how clean and safe everything was,” Cassandra Adams, a Kent State alumni who graduated in 2013, said. “Going to the little grocery shop and stocking up with my roommate. The other girls down the hall who would come visit and shenanigans with them.”

Freshman journalism major Ivory Herman also had a positive outlook on the dorm.

“I get a room to myself and my own space to just relax after long days,” Herman said.

Contact the Tri-Towers area desk at (330) 672-3244.

SECOND: Centennial Court

Centennial Courts, which has six buildings, gives students a slightly more private living space than other dorms. Rooming options include single dorms with a shared bathroom with one other room, double rooms with a private bathroom and double rooms that share a bathroom with a neighboring room. 

Residence Hall Centennial Court E on March 28, 2024. (Yinxi Li)

Even though the courts could be seen as more independent compared to other dorms because of the private rooms available, some student found the dorm still offers the sense of community they looked for when moving into college.

My favorite part of living in the CCA (Centennial Court A) dorm would be its amenities and the room size,” sophomore architecture major Tommy Charnie said. My favorite memory that is directly related to the dorm would probably be the friends that I have met. The fact that it’s a Centennial dorm makes it stand out to other dorms, in my opinion.”

Call the area desk at (330) 672-3610 with any questions about Centennial Courts A-F.

THIRD: Eastway

Being the hub of freshman living at Kent State, the Eastway dorm can be seem to be full of life with large

Eastway Dining Hall on March 28, 2024 which connects Allyn, Clark, Fletcher and Manchester. (Yinxi Li)

first-floor study rooms, pool tables and available televisions. Consisting of Allyn, Clark, Fletcher and Manchester, the Eastway complex is the perfect place for new students to start their college experience. 

“Allyn has the nice glass lounge on the first floor,” sophomore environmental studies major Jake Rivenburgh said, “because it’s connected to Eastway [dining].”

Lauren Vaughn is a reporter. Contact her at [email protected].