Education Employment Day to connect KSU students, alumni with teaching jobs

Employers and prospective teachers fill the Kent Student Center Ballroom on Thursday, March 31, 2016 for Education Employment Day.

Margaret Baah

Seniors with education-related majors and alumni of Kent State can get jobs at the Education Employment Day on Monday, April 1. The event is free for students and alumni, but costs $5 for non-KSU affiliated candidates.

Candidates in attendance would be interviewing for full-time positions. They can have up to 14 interviews and are sometimes offered positions on the spot, said Julie Novotny, a career advisor at Career Exploration and Development.

78 school districts are registered to attend. Some of the attending school districts include: Kent, Akron, Ravenna, Elgin independent school district from Houston and many others.

A difference between this event and the career fair is the immediate interview and employment opportunity, Novotny said. The event focuses on education majors who are graduating and alumni looking for employment.

The event will be held in the ballroom balcony of the Student Center from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

A recommendation for students is to register before the event, though no one would be turned away if they have not, Novotny said. Students can register to attend through Handshake.

Education Employment Day is organized by the CED office and held every spring semester. Information about the event and employers that will be attending can be found on Handshake.

Margaret Baah covers jobs and money. Contact her at [email protected].