Five Days of FLASHanthropy provides education, scholarships to students

Zoe Swartz

FLASHanthropy is hosting their annual Five Days of FLASHanthropy as a recruitment for new students next week from Oct. 30 to Nov. 3.

FLASHanthropy is an undergraduate student organization which hopes to teach students about how philanthropy plays a very big part in the day-to-day operations of the university.

Five Days of FLASHanthropy is about recruiting students to volunteer with our group, educating them on the importance of philanthropy, increasing our followers on social media, advertising for events and thanking various members of the Kent State community,” Jensen Hykes the organization’s campus relations chair member said.

From 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. every day, the group will have a table in the Student Center with a different theme for each day that they will focus on. There will also be opportunities to play games, win prizes and the chance to win an Amazon Echo.

Along with their philanthropy awareness, the organization has awarded the Pay it Forward Scholarship, which has given five $1,500 to $2,000 scholarships in the past four years.

The group hopes that the students’ involvement helps with their event planning skills, involvement in their community, working with other organizations and more.

“We hope that FLASHanthropy is educating students on the importance of philanthropy,” Hykes said. “But, we also hope that that knowledge sticks with them even after they leave Kent State.”

Zoe Swartz is the room and board reporter. Contact her at [email protected].