Annual Black Squirrel Festival to be held Friday

Sophomore Adrian Leuthauser promotes Black Squirrel Radio by dressing up as a black squirrel on Sunday, Aug. 30, 2015.

Bruno Beidacki

Kent State will host the 34th Annual Black Squirrel Festival beginning at noon Friday on Risman Plaza and the Student Green.

Less than two weeks after BlastOff, students will have another opportunity to meet student organizations and gather information to be more involved on campus.

Black Squirrel Festival is organized by the Center of Student Involvement. More than 200 student organizations and vendors are expected to have tables at the event. There will be several attractions to entertain the students during the afternoon, including the food truck, Fork in the Road.

“There will be a DJ and the Marine Corps will bring a flight simulator,” said CSI assistant director Rebecca Kapler. “It’s the first time we are doing this, so it is exciting.”

Kapler said giveaways and a color war at Manchester Field will also be part of the event. Blue and gold powder will be provided to the students, who will have the chance to show their school spirit while having fun. To finish off the day of activities at the Student Green, CSI will be hosting a showing of the new Cinderella movie at 9 p.m.

“It’s the perfect afternoon for those who want to get involved,” Kepler said. “The weather is supposed to be nice and past editions were always a success.”

To learn more about The Black Squirrel Festival, visit www.kent.edu/csi/black-squirrel-festival-0.

Contact Bruno Beidacki at [email protected].