Library event to educate student on campus safety policies

Olivia Young

“10 Ways to Get Arrested” is a one-hour, on-campus seminar that will be held on the fourth floor of the main University Library on Wednesday, Sept. 10 at 7 p.m.

Officer Michquel Penn of the Kent State University Police Department and representatives from Student Legal Services will discuss how to avoid trouble, as well as the importance of recognizing the university policies.

This will be the Student Friends of the Library first event of the semester. The organization exists to engage and involve students with library programming.

According to the group’s mission statement, it connects students who share a love for the library. Members meet with library administration throughout the semester to share their ideas and act toward changing the library.

“They host all kinds of events throughout the semester, and there are opportunities for Student Friends to volunteer at different library events we have,” said Amanda Karpinski, marketing associate for the University Libraries.

The event is free and open to everyone. Students that attend the event will have the opportunity to join Student Friends of the Library for $1.

For more information on Student Friends of the Library, visit http://www2.kent.edu/library/about/depts/administration/supportul/student-friends.cfm

Contact Olivia Young at [email protected]