Go Euro offers five chances to win a trip to Europe this summer

Justin Graci

GoEuro.co.uk is offering five different scholarships this summer. Students have the chance to enter five competitions that can win them prizes such as flight vouchers, package experiences and a ten-day road trip.

The five organizations include DialAFlight, which is holding a contest to whoever takes the funniest or most impressive selfie on a travel experience. WorldNomads and GoEuro are offering three students an all expenses paid road, rail, bus and plane trip through Europe after they fill out an application.

Gap360 is running a ‘Bucket List’ competition where the winner gets to knock five items off their list in a trip. The Telegraph is offering to a chance to win up to £1,000 for writing 500 words or less about recent adventures. Solas Awards is offering $1,000, $750, and $250 prizes to those who write the best travel stories.

Jordan Garber, junior fashion merchandising major, said that the competitions seem interesting.

“I definitely think the selfie contest is the best,” she said. “I don’t really get to travel that much but it’s really awesome that there are organizations like this giving away stuff to broke students.”

Robbie Janezic, sophomore business major, said that he won’t enter any of the contests but it would be nice if a Kent student won one of them.

“I’m way too broke to travel,” he said. “When I get out of school I know I’m going to do my best to make it all over the place. Having the opportunity to win a flight voucher or some money for writing stuff is really cool but I just probably won’t have the time to enter for any of them.”

Caleb Pallay, sophomore business major, said that he’s never heard of any of these organizations but it would be nice to win some money.

“I went on a trip to Europe a couple years ago,” he said. “It was a great time and I would love to write about it and make some money. I think a lot of students always pass up scholarships and cool stuff like this due to laziness, but I like to take advantage of things like this every time I see them.”

For more information on these contests and scholarships check out GoEuro’s blog: http://blog.goeuro.co.uk/eurotrip-travel-competitions/.

Contact Justin Graci at [email protected].